I have noticed quite a few people landing here as a result of a search for Iomega iConnect.
After a lot of tests, trials and tribulations, I finally got my iConnect to work. In fairness to Iomega, their support was second to none, as between us, we tried just about everything in the book. It was Régis in Iomega who finally cracked it. I sent him a few software dumps and he noticed that the device was rebooting itself on a regular basis.
The solution, while not ideal, works. All I had to do was disable the Media Server. That’s all.
It’s not quite the end of my problems, as at the moment anyway, I can’t access the management area of the hub. I have tried connecting directly using my browser, but it just says “server not responding” or similar. I can’t connect using the dedicated software either – it connects and displays the iConnect but claims that the “device is currently unavailable”.
The iConnect has been running now for around 72 hours. I can access the drives that are plugged into it and it seems to be stable. Leastwise, I have been copying large numbers of files back and forward across the iConnect without a single failure.
Seeing as that is all I require of it, I am happy.