I recently installed “WP phpMyAdmin” plugin on another WordPress site.
It’s an excellent plugin and saves the tedious business of logging into the hosting server to access the database.
On the second attempt to run the plugin however I ran into a problem –
Session mismatch. Go back and click Enter phpMyAdmin button again. If you still experience issue, try to open a ticket at Support pages and provide some details.
After a fair bit of a search I came across a fix. Simply enter plugins/wp-phpmyadmin-extension/lib/phpMyAdmin_[followed by string of random characters] and delete the three files starting “_session_temp“
My next task is to write a small batch file to delete these without having to use FTP!
I was very happy with it and straight away went about installing Linux Mint as a dual boot.
That’s when the problems started.
Windows 10 works perfectly (I use the word in the sense that it did what it was supposed to do albeit very slowly) as did Mint. I had split the main 1Tb disk in two and all was fine except for the boot process.
Switching on from a cold start was generally fine. Mint (my default, of course) ran perfectly. The problem would arise on a reboot. The boot loader would fail and I would either get a blank screen with a GRUB curser – “C:grub>” – or the bootloader showing the two operating systems but neither choice would work and just display an “error: command failed”. A soft reboot (Ctrl+Alt+Del) just brought me the the start of the loop again. A hard reboot (switch off/on) wasn’t much better. Eventually after several soft or hard reboots I would be able to get into either OS.
I tried many things to fix this problem. I had scanned the hard drive from both systems so I knew there were no flaws there. I did a factory restore but that didn’t fix anything. I reloaded Mint. I ran Boot Repair with varying options. I mucked around in the bewildering settings in the Dell Boot Setup. Nothing worked.
I resigned myself to a lot of future frustration but at least I could eventually get into the OS I wanted.
I am a great fan of Weaver Extreme and its almost limitless variables and customisations.
One problem that irritated me though was the Info Bar, and in particular the Breadcrumbs.
Example 1 => Home→Books→Short Story Collections→Blackjack
To my eye, that looks cramped. I needed a space each side of the arrows. I tried a load of things such as trying CSS, searching forums and anywhere else I could think of. No one else seemed to have the same problem.
Eventually I resorted to the sledgehammer approach: I changed the coding within Weaver. I don’t like doing that as it has to be redone in the event of an update.
The file is “themes/weaver-xtreme/includes/lib-runtime.php”.
The line to be changed ( search for ‘weaverx_breadcrumb’ ) is
One of the little add-ons for Thunderbird that I like is FireTray.
It’s that little mail notification icon on the task bar that turns into a number when an email arrives and it dispenses with the need to keep checking Thunderbird to see if anything new has arrived.
With the latest release of Thunderbird, FireTray no longer worked. There was no warning – it just failed to appear. As a result I kept missing urgent emails because I wasn’t used to constantly flicking into Thunderbird. I checked Thunderbird’s Add-on area and it merely confirmed that FireTray was incompatible.
I tried the repositories but with no success, but then came across the solution.
Then in Thunderbird, select Tools -> Add Ons. In the window that opens, click on the cog [top right corner] and select “Install Add-On from File” and select the file you have jut downloaded. That will install the updated FireTray.