It has been a busy couple of weeks with my iConnect.
After a lot of emails back and forth between myself and Iomega, we decided the unit was faulty. I returned it to the shop yesterday and got a replacement. The difference is amazing.
By now, I am somewhat of an expert on the Iomega iConnect! I hooked it up to the laptop and lashed through the setup. This time it went smoothly and it is now sitting on a shelf in another room with all its wee blue lights in the right places. (One of the symptoms of the previous unit’s problems was that a port light would remain lit long after a device had been removed from it).
One of the “features” of the iConnect is that it can be incredibly slow to do things. A reboot takes quite a while and external drives can take a couple of minutes to appear after being plugged in. But then this is a device that really can be forgotten about once it is set up, so in the long term that isn’t a problem.
I must say I was impressed with the support I got. Granted, my initial approaches met with a certain level of indifference, but once my status had been escalated, they pulled out all the stops.
All in all, I’m happy with my purchase. Now.