For a while I have been having an irritating problem where I would click on a link in Thunderbird and instead of opening in a Tab (which I wanted) it would open a new blank browser.
Some time ago I wrote about a similar problem but this time that solution didn’t work.
After much searching and head scratching I found the solution….
Open the Menu editor.
(Right-click Menu -> Configure… -> Select Menu tab -> Click on “Open the menu editor”)
Select your browser entry ( click Internet to find the list)
Click on Properties, and in the pop-up screen that opens add ” %u” at the end of the command as shown –
This will work for Firefox or Waterfox.
Click OK and the job is done.